Soft long wool fibres with exceptional strength and durability provide a strong statement and a luxuriously soft touch. Sourced from sheep pastured on the grasslands of New Zealand and southern Australia.
Our range of sheepskins are the bi-product of pastoral farming where sheep are raised primarily for meat.
Sheepskin’s properties make our product durable and safe for use in the home, not to mention:
- Wool is soft – wool is sumptuous, soft and has a tactile appeal.
- Wool stays clean – fibres retain a natural oil that resists dirt and grease.
- Wool resists odours – natural oils are resistant to household odours.
- Wool is hypoallergenic – doesn’t cause allergies.
- Wool adjusts to climate – warm in cool conditions and cool in warm conditions.
- Wool is sustainable – sheepskins are the product of sustainable farming practices* and biodegrade.
*New Zealand and Australian sheep roam green pastures and graze on those pastures in the same way their wild ancestors did.
Synthetics simply cannot match the qualities of natural fibres.
Avoid direct sunlight. This stops UV damage or fading of darker shaded products.
Shake or dry vacuum regularly with a plain suction unit
Stains and light soiling can be spot cleaned easily with a damp cloth and mild detergent. For a more thorough clean, and to gain the best result, dry-cleaning is recommended. Natural sheepskin can be hand or machine-washed in warm water (40°C/104°F) using a mild liquid detergent that is suitable for hand washing dishes, on a ‘gentle’ wash cycle.
Please note: Machine or hand washing may affect the appearance of the natural wool fibres and the leather pelt so is best avoided where possible.
It is best to dry clean ‘dyed’ products as colours may fade and/or bleed.